A PDM (Power Distribution Module) is a device used to replace conventional relays and fuses in a vehicle electrical system. The Hardwire Electronics PDM takes inputs from physical switches, analogue voltages, or the CAN bus, and provides power to different electronic devices such as radiator fans, fuel pumps and head lights. The current being drawn from each connected device is continuously monitored. If the measured current is too high due to a fault, the PDM switches off the respective output to prevent further damage to the wiring loom or the connected device. The PDM can then retry the output to see if the fault has cleared.
Advantages Over Fuses and Relays:
- Greatly simplifies system wiring and reduces system component count.
- Reduces the weight of the electrical system.
- Provides increased reliability over traditional systems using mechanical relays.
- Solid state technology removes the problem of relay contact corrosion and relay bouncing in vibration heavy applications.
- Smart features such as indicator and wiper motor modes remove the need for extra control units.
- Current draw can be monitored and logged to pre-emptively detect faults.
Operating Temperature: -55°C to 90°C (-67°F to 194°F)
Construction: Glass Fibre Reinforced Plastic
IP Rating: IP67
Connectors: Deutsch DT 12-Pin
Update Rate: Up to 800Hz
- 4x Deutch DT Connectors + contacts
- USB memory stick with PDM software and instructions preloaded
- USB Cable
- M8 ring terminal & cover