A PDM (Power Distribution Module) is a device used to replace conventional relays and fuses in a vehicle electrical system. The Hardwire Electronics PDM takes inputs from physical switches, analogue voltages, or the CAN bus, and provides power to different electronic devices such as radiator fans, fuel pumps and head lights. The current being drawn from each connected device is continuously monitored. If the measured current is too high due to a fault, the PDM switches off the respective output to prevent further damage to the wiring loom or the connected device. The PDM can then retry the output to see if the fault has cleared.
Operating Temperature: -55°C to 90°C (-67°F to 194°F)
Construction: Glass Fibre Reinforced Plastic
IP Rating: IP67
Connectors: Deutsch DT 12-Pin
Update Rate: Up to 1000Hz Input and Output
- Type: 16 Analogue inputs, which can also serve as digital inputs
- Each input can measure voltages between 0-28V, independent of the battery voltage.
- Measurement Resolution: 10-Bit, or 0.01V
- Protection: Fully protected for input voltages from -24V to 40V
- Each input has a software selectable 10K Pull-up or Pull-down resistor
- Type: 19 high side outputs 80A peak, 20A continuous.
- 4 hybrid high/low side outputs 80A peak, 20A continuous.
- 2 reverse current protected outputs, for use with wiper motors. 80A peak, 20A continuous
Combined: 180A combined output maximum current
Output Current Control Steps: 100mA (0.1A)
Protection: Each output is overcurrent, overtemperature, load dump and reverse polarity protected.
- 4x Deutch DT Connectors + contacts
- USB memory stick with PDM software and instructions preloaded
- USB Cable
- M8 ring terminal & cover